Monday 18 August 2014

WELCOME! + REVIEW: Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder

Hey Belles!

Welcome to Fleurdebelle, which is a beauty and lifestyle blog based in Singapore! You can look forward to many product reviews and other interesting posts in store for you in the future. So being the first post of this new blog,

Today I will be reviewing one of my Holy-grail products - the Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder!



You can find Essence cosmetics in selected Watsons' stores in Singapore, and the line sells awesome affordable makeup products. You guys must be skeptical about cheap makeup products but don't worry! Essence is an international brand, and has established its brand name in many different countries. Its products are mainly made in Poland too! Also, they are cruelty-free and they do not test on animals.

So far, the Watsons' stores that I know of that carries this brand is Watsons' at Funan Digitalife Mall, Takashimaya and Beauty World Centre. Anywhere else? Comment and let me know ^^

Now, moving into the main review, the packaging says says that the Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder is an extremely smooth fixing compact powder for a matte and natural finish all day long, and it helps blend blush and foundation colors together. It also sets your makeup and is suitable for all skin tones as it is a white translucent powder.

There are no shimmers in this compact powder, hence making it suitable for oily skin types and it won't make you look like a disco ball.

What I like to do with the powder is to set my makeup after foundation and concealer. I do that with my powder brush and instead of sweeping the brush across my face, I prefer to swirl my brush in the powder, and then pat the brush onto my face. This instantly smoothens and mattifies my face, you need to get your hands on this product because my words can't do it justice.

I am a combination skin type, and usually my T-zone gets pretty oily after one whole day. Believe it or not, after I used this compact powder, I only have to touch up once in a day, or sometimes I don't even touch up at all!






Claims about the powder:
1) gives a matte and natural finish all day long
2) blend foundation colors and blush colors together, so I assume it doesn't interfere with the color of the blush and foundation since
3) suitable for all skintones, so I'm guessing cause it's a translucent powder?

Pros/What I like about it:
1) Mattifies skin for a longggggg time. Even in Singapore weather, which is saying something considering the hot and humid climate.
2) Unscented
3) Translucent powder, so it will not make your face SUUUUUPER white or SUUUUUPER dark.
4) Packaging - made of plastic so clumsy people like me won't be worried about dropping and shattering it.

Cons:
1) Packaging - there's no mirror, so you have to go find a mirror if you wanna apply or do touch-ups.

Here a swatch of it on my arm:






Overall, as I have mentioned, this is one of my holy-grail products. That said, I have not tried many translucent powders, like the NARS one. But I have tried the Guerlain Météorites Pearls and I did like it but it was so expensive! You can get this Essence one at Watsons' for less than 10bucks! I would definitely rate this powder a 9/10! Minus 1 cause there's no mirror. But I guess that's how they cut cost to sell their products to us at such affordable price.Hope you liked the first review and definitely look forward to future ones! <3Love,FDB <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi, may I ask How much is this in SGD? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, may I ask How much is this in SGD? Thanks

    ReplyDelete